Tuesday, October 09, 2018

I Could Just Cry

Do you see this?  Do you know what it is?

It is what I came home to this evening.  It is what is about to make me cry.


No, I'm not talking about the Creeping Charlie that could survive a nuclear blast and the subsequent fall out.  I'm talking about my clean-out.   The clean-out that I came home from work and found just like that -- with the cap off and a big wad of soggy toilet paper next to it.

I knew one of my toilets had been flushing kind of slowly, but a bit of plunging had set it right.  At least I thought it had.  Apparently, all I'd been doing was working the cap off my clean-out, and the soggy paper had overflowed out of the top. 

What's a bummer is that I just had all that sewer line replaced three short years ago, shortly after I moved into this house.  I'm kind of paranoid that the entire pipe has collapsed, like it did the first time.  However, the water is draining, just very slowly, so maybe it's just a clog.

I put a call in to the plumber I normally use.  I'm hoping he can get out here tomorrow to look at it.  In a fortuitous turn of events, I just happened to have a vacation day already scheduled. 

I just hope it doesn't cost too much for him to fix it.  And I'm starting to understand why my dad said home ownership is for the birds. 

No comments: