Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tired Brain

My brain is tired today.

I'm not sure why, but I feel brain dead.  It may be all the fumes I've breathed today.  See, I've been working on my bricks some more.  I got this far,


and this far,


before calling it quits.   As I suspected, the base is going much faster than the back and side did.  It won't be long now.  I'm so close I can taste it, and yet, I feel like I'm never going to get done.  All discouragement aside, just those few bricks left in the front, and the bulk of the stripping will be finished.  I'll have to get the last little bits of paint off, then wash things down really well.  Finally, it'll be done and it'll be time to rock and roll.

I had to run into the store this morning to get some more stripper, and while I was there, I broke down and decided to buy another one of those fake hay bales like I had last year.  Alas, when I went to the fall decoration section to get one, they didn't have any more.  Or, I couldn't find them at least.  Plan B:  I went to the wood craft section and picked up one of those wooden crates.

Before buying it, I tugged really well on the slats, and none of them came loose.  This crate seemed much sturdier than the one I'd almost bought Friday in Batesville.  I brought it home and stained it with the rest of my golden pecan stain I'd bought for my inkle loom.


It turned out really pretty.  Once it's dried really well -- like overnight --I'll put it out on the porch with a fake pumpkin and some fake leaves on it.  I think it'll be really cute. 

While meandering through the aisles, I spotted a roll of orange burlap.  I said to myself, "Self, I bet you could glue that there burlap to that ugly old flower pot and make it look nice and fall-ish."  And that's exactly what I did.

In retrospect, I probably should have glued the burlap before putting the plant into the pot, but things just didn't work out that way.


I think it turned out kind of nice, even if you can see the price tag through the burlap.


Yeah, I probably should have peeled that off, too, but things just didn't....well, you know.  Still, you can't even see it from a few steps away, so it doesn't really matter.


So, between stripper fumes, wood stain fumes, and glue fumes, I'm about high as a kite.  It's probably best if I just went to bed now. 

Good night.

No comments: