Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Gordon

Well, that rumor that we would be working this weekend turned out to be not true.   When they posted the work schedule, I said to my coworker, "Better start stocking up on Ramen noodles."  I'm even thinking about requesting to go to B shift.  They're still allowed to work their 12 hour shifts...

The big plans for the weekend is to finish getting all that old paint off my fireplace brick, and maybe start priming it.  I'm getting so excited that this project will finally be finished.  Oh, I still have to find the right color of paint.  I want a shade of light gray.  I'd bought some gray, but upon testing it, felt it as too dark.  So, it's back to the drawing board...

The big news today has been tropical storm Gordon.  I took this video right after I got home.



I'm not ashamed to admit, I went outside and stood in the wind, just to feel the Gulf on my face. 

However, it was during this tropical storm monitoring that I discovered my HULU subscription doesn't carry The Weather Channel.  I don't watch it a whole lot, but at times like this, it's nice to have it around. 

The worst of the storm is expected to pass to the west of us, but I brought my flag and my plants inside anyway. 

No sense in taking chances.




No comments: