Sunday, September 30, 2018

Lazy Sunday

That's exactly what I did today.  I spent Sunday being lazy. 

I recently discovered that my Hulu live TV subscription has a channel called Cozi.  All it shows is the old 70s and 80s TV shows.  I've watched The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, and the original Magnum P.I..  I'll have to remember that channel, and see what other shows I can catch. 

Speaking of, what's with all the reboots lately?  Can no one come up with an original idea any more?  (That question is rhetorical.  I already know the answer.) 

And of course, as soon as I typed that, I switched to Food Network to watch Halloween Baking Championship and Halloween Wars.  I like watching baking shows when it starts getting close to the holidays.  This is a difficult time for me.  I want to do all this holiday cooking, but there is no one to help me eat it.  Cody says he's going to be here this year, since he's so much closer -- and his stores will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas, unlike the hospital...buuuut, he's gotten on a health kick lately.  I'm not complaining.  He's lost about 40 lbs and he looks really, really good.

But, dang it!  I like to bake!  And I sure as heck don't need to be eating it all myself. 

Back to my lazy Sunday...as soon as the sun came up, I took my crate out and put my porch decorations out. 


I think it looks nice, and that --I call it an apple crate, I don't really know why, but that's the word that comes to my mind, will store a whole lot better than the fake hay anyway. 

I spent the rest of the day watching TV and knitting.  I finished my sister in law's hat.


Now that it's done, I'm not sure I like it.  I love the colors, but the fabric seems so stiff -- even knitting it on size 11 needles.  It may loosen up after I wash it, but I'm thinking I may do another one, using just one strand this time.  I've also thought about doing one in helix knitting.  Hats knit up pretty quickly, so I ought to have time to do at least one more. 

In the meantime, I started another charity hat.  Or what might be a charity hat.


It is superwash wool, but it's also single ply.  If it said that on the website description, I sure didn't see it, or I might not have bought it.  It's making a nice, soft hat, but I worry about how well it'll hold up.  On the other hand, hats don't really get washed that much anyway.  Since this is going to be a yearly thing anyway, if it only lasts a year, whoever gets it can come back for another one.

On a bit of a sad note, my spike buck came back to the feeding spot this evening.  He is a very poor deer.  His spikes are short, thin, and different lengths.  One of them is so short, you can barely see it.  I'm not sure if it broke (though I don't know why it would), or grew that way.  Either way, if it were up to me, I would make the call that he needs to be culled from my little herd. 

And if someone were to cull him, I would have no problem eating him.  It's been probably 5 years since I've had a deer in my freezer. 

Hint, hint. 









No comments: