Saturday, September 08, 2018

Lord Love Her

My sister in law Paula, Lord love her, always asks me for hand knit hats for Christmas.  Hat knitting is right up my alley anyway, so it's never a problem to make one for her.  This year, she sent me this picture, with the hint that it would make a nice Christmas present for someone's sister in law.




After searching all over the internet, I only found one place that sold this yarn, and it was kind of expensive.  After careful consideration, I decided this specific yarn was out of my budget.  Well, not so much that I couldn't afford it, but rather I decided it cost more than it was worth -- plus the shipping cost more than the yarn itself did.  So, I did what any red-blooded American would do.

I found similar colors in a more poor-folk friendly yarn.


I can get several hats out of this, or maybe a matching scarf for my sister in law.  We shall see. 

As promised, I got out this morning and clawed up the roots left in my wildflower bed.


It looks a lot better now.  I still haven't seen any more spider lilies, other than the two that showed up a few days ago.  What has showed up are migrating humming birds.  I usually have two or three locals that hang around all summer long, but the last couple of days, I've been seeing a dozen or more.



I figure I'm a way station on their journey South.  I'm going to put out another feeder for the rest of the season.  I had several feeders, but they've all cracked, or developed leaks, or whatever, so I ordered a new one off Amazon.  It will get here Monday -- which is sooner than I would have gone back into town anyway. 

Funny thing, I was sitting in my living room floor, filming that through the front door when the mail came.  I was concentrating on the hummingbirds, so I didn't even see the truck pull up.  The carrier put my package of yarn beside the door, then knocked on it with her scan gun. 

Then I had to go change my pants. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have knitting to knit and football to watch. 

No comments: