Wednesday, September 12, 2018

No Ramen Yet

Well, it looks like I might need to hold off on stocking up on Ramen noodles for a bit longer.  Yep, we're working this weekend, Friday and Saturday.  I think I was just about the only person in the plant who was excited about that.  Edna told me to wipe that stupid grin off my face, right before she tried to choke me.  I'm never going to complain about overtime.  I'm too broke.

I won't mentioned this particular coworker's name, but she once told me, "I don't worry about the money.  I know God's going to take care of me."  Hmmm, did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the way he is taking care of you is by providing those extra hours? 

I know I sure need the extra hours, what with all the money I've spent this week, like, say... my shutters which arrived last night.


I thought they'd already be there when I got home, so I was planning on starting to prime them, but they arrived so late I was already getting ready for bed.

The first thing I did after taking a set out of the box was to run out and hold it up next to that questionable space between the front door and the window.  It fit, but just barely.


All day at work today, I was telling myself, "Yeah!  I'm going to go home and start priming those shutters!  I'm going to get at least one set done today!  Yeah, I'm going to clean out a space in my shop and get them primed!  I really am."  After work, I rushed home...and sat. 

That's it, I just sat.  In my chair.  All evening. 

I took just enough time to run out and take the above pictures, then I sat for the rest of the day.

OK, I fed the deer and the hummingbirds first, then I sat.  In my chair...

Speaking of hummingbirds, Monday one of my coworkers stopped me in the aisle and said he'd seen the video I'd posted on Facebook.  It's the same one I posted in my blog Sunday.  He showed it to his granddaughter, who was spending the weekend with him, and she thought it was pretty cool.

Some time after that, they were in the back yard, and he saw a hummingbird.  He loaded the girl up into his truck, and off to Wal-mart they went to buy a feeder.  Not ten minutes after they got home and got the feeder filled and hung, it was swarming with hummingbirds. 

"Here they come, Papa!" said the little girl. 

He he, I get to be an enabler for once!















No comments: