Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fiber Fun In The 'Sip

I went to a fiber festival this weekend.  Fiber Fun In The 'Sip.  It was a fiber festival and I went, it was fun and it was fibery, and it was in the Sip.

It was the first time I'd ever gone to a fiber festival, but it definitely won't be the last.  In fact, I've already booked a hotel room for next year.

I petted yarn, and took classes, and squished fiber, and learned new things, and made new friends...and of course, I got to hang out with old friends.


There was so much yarn there, I couldn't possibly show you all of it, so I'll just show you this one.  This is my friend Leann's booth -- half of it, that is.


Her yarn was the best yarn there, and I'm not just saying that because we're friends.  There is a richness and a depth to it that other dyers just don't have.  I made several rounds of the market and kept coming back to hers.  I knew I'd wanted to buy some of her yarn, but I was having a hard time narrowing it down.  It was all just so pretty.

I finally settled on these four.  They are from left to right, Heirloom Pumpkin, Jazz Rhapsody, Caramel Apple, and Old Barn.


The Jazz Rhapsody was specially dyed for the show, but the other three are available in her website shop:  Forbidden Fiber Co.  I can't decide which one is my favorite!  I like 'em all.

Christi is the one who spotted this yarn, and said, "Look!  There's one in LSU colors."


As soon as I turned the tag over and saw the name of the colorway, I said, "Well, that's it.  I've got to have it."


After I'd bought it, I texted a picture to Amy (who'd had to leave by then) and said, "I can't believe you let this one get away!  But don't worry, I'm giving it a new home."  Christi asked the dyer if she had a Mississippi State colorway, and the look she gave us said it all.  We laughed, and Christi said, "I'll take that as a no."

The only other full skein I bought was this one:


This dyer's colors were all so vibrant, they positively glowed!  Alas, I was almost out of money, so I only got the one, because it was my favorite.  The colorway name is Wisdom.

Lastly, I picked up a few mini skeins for the blanket.


I was sorely tempted to buy some fiber and start trying to spin again, but I didn't. 


Christi brought her wheel -- she took a spinning class -- and watching her inspired me to give it another try.  I didn't buy fiber, though, because I still have so much at home.  A few years back, my friend Sue cleaned out her stash and sent me bunches and bunches of it, which I haven't even touched.

I took a lot more pictures, which I will post in my Facebook album.

I had so much fun, when it was time to come home, I asked Christi, "Why can't we just stay here forever?"  Alas, I couldn't, so home I came, to find my long lost Knit Picks order waiting for me.  In said order were clearance yarn to make more charity hats.


And the larger sized needles I need to finish my sister in law's Christmas present.


I've got so much more I can talk about, but I'll give you a break and end for today.  Tomorrow, I'll tell you all about the classes I took.

Oh, and somebody remind me to show you the swag they gave out.












1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

What pretty yarn! I loved seeing your pics on FB.