Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Last Day

It's my last day of work today.

No, I'm not quitting. I wish I were, but no. Not yet. I am working on my resume, though, so soon.

What I mean is, through the judicious scheduling of my vacation days, I don't have to go back to work until October.  Of course, if I wanted to go in and work Friday and Saturday, I can, but right now, that's looking like a no from me.

 I know I need the money, but right now, I need the sanity more.

Actually, today wasn't even a full day. I had half a day of vacation so I left at lunch.

First thing I did was to go by the dentist, where I got my impressions done. Remember the tooth I broke a few weeks ago? Yeah, we need to get that one added to my partial.  That only took about 10 minutes, and I had the rest of the day to myself.

I went by the store, where I bought Fall flowers and candy I can already tell won't make it until Halloween.


 I may drag out the rest of my Fall decorations and get started putting them up, too, since it's officially Fall, now.

The rest of the day was spent watching TV and knitting.  I frogged the scarf I'd started at FFITS, and cast on a K2P2 rib scarf -- all done in continental knitting.


Oh, and I should probably show you the hat I finished Sunday.  I'd gotten this much knit while hanging with  the gang last weekend.


I finished it after I got home, but my after action reports got so long, there just wasn't a place to include it, so here it is.


The color in the top photo is true. I don't know what happened to the bottom picture.

Lastly, I've got spider lilies coming up everywhere.



Times like this, I really miss my DSLR.


No comments: