Thursday, August 23, 2018

Just Like That

Just like that, we are back to working 6 days a week.  Well, for this weekend, at least. I'm not complaining. My bank account was looking a little pale.

Cody is coming home tomorrow to pack up the rest of his stuff, then he'll be moving on up to Collierville on Saturday afternoon. I'll miss him, but I'll be glad to have my house back.

Speaking of, a few weeks ago, I contacted someone about replacing the rotten wood in my eaves, and painting them. He came out today and gave me an estimate. When he told me how much it would be, I was squealing, because it was a whole lot less than I was thinking. He told me to go pick out what color paint I want and let him know.

That's where you come in.

I was thinking a dark brown would go nicely with my bricks.


On the other hand, I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, he also said he'd paint the ceiling of my car port and porch a light blue. It looks real nice, and helps keep the dirt dobbers away. That's good. I got a lot of dirt dobbers.

While I was looking for that picture, I found this one.



This is what that pile of wood looked like when I started. It's all gone now.  Cut up and stacked and ready for winter.

Now if it would just stop being hot...



No comments: