Thursday, August 02, 2018

Alternate Schedule

Remember way back in January when they switched us to this alternate schedule?  The big selling point was that we'd work four 10 hour days, then have a three day weekend every week. 

This weekend... this coming weekend...the first weekend in August...we finally get one!

I can't really complain, though, because for the first three months, I was volunteering.  It made for some nice paychecks, but I'll be glad to have some time off.  Finally. 

What do I plan on doing with a real weekend?  First thing is to sleep past 3:00 AM.  But then, I want to crank up the old chainsaw and work on getting what's left of that pile of wood out of my back yard.  One of my coworkers keeps asking me, "Can't you find someone who will come get it for firewood?"  Um, I want it for firewood.  You know, for my wood stove.  That thing I've spent the last year stripping gloppy paint off of the bricks?  That thing?  Yeah. 

I was going to come home and do some chainsawing tonight, but I ended up watching TV and knitting a bit.  Speaking of, remember all those knitting projects I was halfway through with?  What do I do?  Instead of finishing them, I cast on a new hat.


What can I say?  The yarn was calling my name and I couldn't resist.  I'm thinking about doing this one in a simple pattern.  Maybe a waffle stitch or garter rib. 

A last bit of good news before I turn in for the night, my tooth extraction seems to be healing just fine.  It's been a little sore, but not so much I even felt the need to take a Tylenol. 

Now, if I can just keep from breaking any more teeth off, I should be good to go. 

No comments: