Friday, August 03, 2018

Finally Friday

It's Friday!

And it's the first of what will end up being many long weekends -- at least for me.  Thanks to the judicious use of my vacation days, I'll have quite a few four day weekends starting next month.  Hopefully, they won't all be as busy as today was.

The first thing I did was to get up and turn this pile of wood


into this much smaller pile of wood. 


Yeah, I still got my chainsaw skills. 

I'm going to try to get it finished tomorrow, after I get back from the Farmer's Market.  I'd have finished today, but I needed to get a shower and go run pay day errands.  Which I did.  Quite frankly, I'll be glad when school starts and people stop using Wal-mart as their day care.  Seriously, folks.  The store is not your babysitter.  Stop dropping your kids off and letting them run wild. 

You know what they say:  you can take Shark Week off the TV, but you can't take the sharks out of the girl's heart.  OK, maybe they don't say that, but look, they had these Shark Week sharks on clearance.


Naturally, I had to get some.  And I picked up this little guy.


I've got a soft spot for Hammerheads.  Mainly because my grandpa's nickname for me was Hammerhead.   Anyway, it's got something called shark sand inside, but I haven't gotten it out of the plastic bag to see what it's all about. 

About the time I got home, I got a text from Cody.  He wants to stay with me for a few weeks while he looks for a job in Tennessee.  The job with Fed Ex didn't go the way he had hoped, but he still wants to move to the Memphis area.  Not Memphis itself, but a town close to it called Collierville.   He says he may have a better option.  If he doesn't get that one, I'm going to refer him to Modine here in town. 

The bad news is, he's getting here Monday, which means I've got to find a place to put all that yarn that is on his bed. 

And all the other stuff I've got stored in his room.   


I guess that's what I'll be doing for the rest of the weekend...


No comments: