Saturday, August 04, 2018

A Backyard Again!

Here I am once again doing my best Tim Conway impersonations, but hey, I got nearly all of that wood out of my back yard!

I didn't split any of it -- except for the logs that were too big for me to cut without splitting--but at least it's up and out of the way.  Between what I cut today,


and this wood that I bought before the big snowstorm in January,


and this that I had already gotten out of that same pile of wood in my back yard,


I should be set for firewood for quite a while.  But the best part is, I have my yard back.


Most of it, at least.  I still have this one log left that is just a bit too big for me to handle.


I advertised it in the local free-bees group, but so far, the only one who answered was a guy who wanted me to pay him to move it.  Um, no, thanks.  I'm sure there is someone out there who will use it for firewood, or woodworking projects, or whatever.  If nobody picks it up, I'll just have to figure out how to cut it up without killing myself. 

Before I did all this wood cutting, I got up and went to the Farmer's Market.  I picked up some more patty pan squash, and this time I got some yellow squash as well.  I want to put it up to make the squash casserole we used to have at every family gathering.  It's actually my cousin Judy's mother-in-law's recipe, but we all begged it from her. 

I'm not sure this little squash is going to make it into the casserole, though. 


It just looks too much like Jerry Gourd to me.  See? 


All it needs is eyes and a smile. 

Since I couldn't move for the rest of the day, being all sore and stuff from cutting up wood, I spent my afternoon watching TV and knitting.  I finally finished this hat for my friend's blessing bags. 


This yarn was not a joy to work with.  I think the needles I was using were too small.  I knit this hat on size 8 (US), and the resulting fabric is pretty stiff.   I'll try a 9 (US) next time. 





No comments: