Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Done!

I am done cutting wood!  At least for the foreseeable future.

When Cody got home yesterday, I got him to stand that last big log on end. 


This morning, I got the ol' chainsaw and went out there and just started hacking away at it, cutting off chunks until it was small enough to handle.


It took some doing, a couple of breaks, and at least one unwholesome word directed at an uncooperative chainsaw  --for which I had to repent --, but I finally got it all cut up and stacked up. 


Maybe now my back will stop hurting so much.  And best of all, I have my yard back!  All of it this time. 


Before Cody left for his first shift at his new job -- which is really his old job, but at a different store in the same chain -- we were chatting in the living room, when Jesse started going absolutely crazy.  I hollered at him and said, "If you're barking at that cat again, I'm going to whoop you!"  Figuratively speaking of course.  I don't whoop my dogs. 

I looked out the window, and it wasn't that cat.  It was a deer.  A different deer, this one with two spotted fawns trailing behind her. 


The doe came and sniffed where the corn was, but I hadn't put any out yet today.  I usually put it out when I get home from work, and the deer will soon get used to my schedule. 

So, now, about Cody....his friend that lives in Collierville works for -- um...some company.  Cody said it's in distribution of sports equipment or something like that.  He'd told Cody they were hiring, so Cody put in an application last night.  His friend checked with HR this morning and they've already taken his application back.  Whatever that means. 

What I hope it means is that he'll get the job.  He said that they'll give him a typing test, and if he passes, he can get into the e-mail department.  I'm assuming that's in customer service.  I think he'll do well in that, because unlike his mother, he's a real people person.  The best part is, he'll start off making more money than I make after 23 years in my current position. 

Back in May, I got my cable cut off and subscribed to Hulu with live TV.  The weird thing is, they were showing me commercials from Oklahoma.  Tulsa hospitals, Oklahoma politicians, car dealerships, etc.  When Cody came in last night and logged on to my wi-fi, the whole internet went berserk. 

That's a Viking word, by the way...

As I was saying, the whole internet went berserk.  My Roku kept crashing, my Fire couldn't connect, even my laptop lost the signal.  I reset my modem and that seems to have solved the problem.  Only now, on my Hulu, I'm getting commercials from Tennessee.  I'm not sure how they determine my location. 

It certainly isn't from my zip code on their website, because I'm still not getting commercials from Mississippi. 


No comments: