Monday, April 16, 2018

Time Marches On

Time marches on, but for me, the search for clocks has finally come to an end.  Well, mostly.  I still need to get one for Cody's room, but it can wait.

Back when I bought the rooster clock for my living room,


I also ordered this one.


I bought it for my bedroom, but when I got it hung, I found it didn't look as good as I'd thought it would.  It was too light, and disappeared into the walls.  I wanted something that would pop a bit more. 

Since the frame kind of looked like distressed wood and reminded me a bit of a porthole, I decided to try it in the bathroom.


It stands out better against the blue walls.  It's a bit big for such a small room, but the more I look at it, the more I like it there.


I really need to get busy decorating those walls.  I'm thinking anchors and ship's wheels and may be ropes and nets and things like that.   Decorating has never been my strong suit. 

Anyway, that left me with a conundrum of what to get for my bedroom.  I'd found a lighthouse clock on Amazon that I really liked, but the reviews weren't that good.  You have to sift through the planted reviews to find the real ones.  Upon doing that, I decided the price was too high for the quality of clock I would be getting. 

Back to searching...

Then I found it.  The perfect clock.  I absolutely loved it, even though it was more money that I had wanted to spend.  I took a bit of financial advise, put the clock into my shopping cart, and waited 10 days.  I went back and looked at it again, and loved it even more than the first time. 

It arrived Friday, and I love it even more in person than I do on the website.


It fits perfectly with the theme I'm going for in my bedroom, and even matches my curtains.  And it has a pendulum!  I love clocks with pendulums!  Unlike pits with pendulums.

If you get that, we can be friends.  If you don't, we can still be friends, but you will be confused a lot. 


It's still in its new phase, and I keep running in to look at it. 

Now, I just need to get stuff hung on the rest of the walls...Seems to be a recurring theme, doesn't it? 


No comments: