Thursday, April 26, 2018

I'm So Excited!

There I was at work, just a working away, when a coworker approached me.

"Becky, you got a jusbaray I can borrow?"

Me:  "A what?"

Coworker:  "A jusbaray."

Me:  "A jusbaray?"

Coworker:  "Yeah."

Me:  "I don't know what that is."

Coworker:  "I need to take that a-loose"  *pointing to the large bolt on machine he was moving* "and I didn't bring one with me."

Me:  "Oh!  An adjustable wrench!"

Coworker:  "Yeah, that's what I said, a jusbaray." 

Me:  "No, I don't have one of those."  Or hope for the future.



Yesterday, my old supervisor stopped by to speak to me.  He asked how New Supervisor was doing in his new department.  I said, "I see him walking down the aisle from time to time, but he doesn't stop to talk to us like you used to." 

Old Supervisor said, "Maybe he's scared.  You should go speak to him first, then he'll talk to you." 

I said, "I'll just climb on top of that table there, and jump off and tackle him.  That ought to break the ice." 

Don't ask.  Even I don't know where I come up with these things.  Sleep deprivation.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And now for something really exciting.  Look what came in the mail today!


Ancestry had them on sale for 40% off, so I ordered one.  It says not to eat or drink before spitting in the tube, so I'm just going to wait and do it first thing Saturday morning, since we aren't working.  (It also said not to smoke or chew gum, but I don't do those anyway.)  It'll be interesting to see if my DNA corroborates what I've been finding on the site.



No comments: