Tuesday, April 10, 2018

So That's How

Before we get into today's post, I'm sure you will all be happy to know I made it out of the plant with all my belongings intact. 

Now, on to your regularly scheduled blog post...

Here I was, thinking that maybe this weekend, I could get out and start planting some of my flower beds.  Then my sinuses said, "You might want to hold off on that."  Sure enough, when I got home and checked the weather, there is another storm system moving in. 

I used to wonder how our ancestors told the weather without radar and satellites.  The older I get, the more I'm starting to understand.  So, my sinuses told me there is more rain on the way... 

I'm so tired of rain. 

My grass was nearly knee high, so I got out Sunday evening and cut it, even though I had to push my mower through standing water in spots.  It was tough, but the yard looks so much better now.  This afternoon, my neighbor brought me some weed killer, so I sprayed my ditch and all the Creeping Charlie around my shed. 

Then I took a shower and threw my dirty clothes in the trash, instead of the hamper.  Clearly, I need more sleep.

Well, dang.  I had such high hopes for this post, but it has gone downhill pretty quickly.  So, I won't torture you any more.  I'll just leave you with this picture of Beverly and James' new calf. 


And bid you good night. 

No comments: