Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Monday Mayhem


No, not today.  Yesterday.

Yesterday was the Mondayest Monday that ever Mondayed.

It was more than chaotic.  It was down right mayhemic.

They say Mayhem is everywhere.


It wasn't.  All the mayhem in all the world was gathered right there in the plant where I work.  Yay...

As if that weren't enough, I forgot my lunch.  Oh, I remembered to take my lunch box, I just forgot to put my lunch into it.  And to add insult to injury, my red headed aunt -- you know, Aunt Flo -- whom I have not seen in nearly two years, decided to make a surprise visit.  Double yay...

I had so many things I was going to do when I got off work, but I didn't do any of them.  I just sat.  In fact, it's a good thing I wrote Monday's post Sunday and pre-scheduled it, or you might not have gotten that, either.

I got up this morning hoping today would be better.  It was marginally better  -- only enough to downgrade from mayhemic to chaotic. 

In response, I've developed the Gunstream Workplace Stress Scale.  It is as follows:

Level 1 -- Calm
Level 2 -- Busy
Level 3 -- Hectic
Level 4 -- Frantic
Level 5 -- Chaotic
Level 6 -- Mayhemic

Sometime in the near future, I'm going to standardize the measures, but for now, I'm going to bed. 

No comments: