Thursday, March 22, 2018

What I Really Wanted

This is the clock I really wanted when I ordered that station clock a couple of weeks ago.  It arrived today, and I got so excited to show you that I took the picture before I even took it out of the package.


It is gorgeous!  I think it will look just right in my living room.  I'm going to try to get it hung this weekend, since I will actually get a weekend this weekend.

Oh, yeah, as of today, A shift will no longer be allowed to work on Saturdays.  We will have to sign up for Fridays and Sundays.  When Supervisor told me, I said, "When does that start?"  He said, "Today."  I said, "Well, heck, if I'd known that, I'd have signed up for Sunday instead of Saturday." 
 
My friend has a membership on Ancestry.com.  After I'd posted about finding my first ancestor to come to America, we started talking about geneology and stuff.  She is really into it.  She got on Ancestry started a family tree for me.  However, when I tried to edit or even see the leaves, it said I had to have a membership.  I went ahead and signed up, thinking I'd just cancel it after my two week free trial.   Then I started checking out the ancestry hints.  Holy cow, the information they had!  I saw my grandfather's World War I draft card. There were census records, and marriage records.  I may trade my cable subscription for an Ancestry.com membership.  It's way more entertaining.  Not to mention cheaper.

BTW, I think I may have found an earlier ancestor.  I was following my maternal great grandmother's line on Family Search, and found some Cherokee Indians in there.  I'd always thought the Cherokee was on my dad's side, but apparently, that's something else I was mistaken about.  

Once I've cross referenced and confirmed on Ancestry, I'll post more about that.  




No comments: