Sunday, March 11, 2018

Stuff and Nonsense

Last Sunday, I got out my paint cans and did my touch-ups on my walls.  You would not believe how much better it looks with those spots cleaned up, even though they were small.  I did smear the paint just a bit on this door frame,


but it's barely noticeable.  I'll touch that up when I paint the closet door -- whenever I get around to that.

So, now that the painting is all done, it's time to start decorating the place. 

When I first moved into this house, my friend Sue sent me this picture, which she drew.


Right now, it's hanging in my bedroom, but the intention has always been to hang it in either the living room or kitchen.  The debate was whether to hang it in this spot


between the entertainment center and the doorway.  Or this one,


between the entertainment center and the window.  I was really leaning towards the former, but I just wasn't sure it would look right.  Naturally, I did what any 21st century red-blooded American would do.  I posed the question to my internet friends.  Some of them suggested a long narrow picture would fit better in that space instead.  Since they have much better design sense than I do, I deferred to their opinions and began searching Amazon for ideas.

It didn't take me long to find the absolute most perfect thing ever, and I immediately ordered it.


When I went to hang it up, I found the tag on the back.  It just added to its perfection.



It fits with my rustic, barnyard theme very well, and is, of course, a quote from one of my very favorite hymns.

While I was online, I also ordered a couple of clocks.  I was waiting for them to arrive, so I could post about all of it at once.  However, when I got the one I'd ordered for the living room, it wasn't at all what I thought it was.

This is the only picture that was on the website, and the description said wall clock, so I was thinking it was one of those round, flat clocks you hang on the wall.


The rooster fit with my decorating theme, and I thought it was just gorgeous.  When it arrived, though, it what I thought it was.  It was what I'd call a station clock, as it had an iron bracket thing and stuck out into the room like this:


What's more, the actual clock part is very small -- like maybe 5" across.  I'll be taking that back to the store tomorrow after work.  Fortunately, I bought it from Wal-mart, so it'll be easy to return.  Won't have to bother mailing it or anything.  I've found some other clocks I like.  The hard part is choosing which one to get.

Oh, and I did get this one for my bedroom.


As soon as it arrived, I found one on Amazon that has a lighthouse on it, which goes with my bedroom theme.  Only the one I got kind of looks like a porthole, and matches my colors...so I like it too. 

Now, about Sue's picture...I've decided to hang it in the second spot.  My fear there was that it would get kind of lost in that big old space, but I have an idea.

I want to try to find some decorative metal or resin vines to kind of frame it.  You know, kind of a John 5:15 kind of thing -- I am the vine, ye are the branches.  Goes well with the As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord quote on Sue's drawing.

Now that the living room is pretty much done (except for decorating), I've started back to working on my fireplace bricks.  I like to listen to music while I work, and have some playlists set up on YouTube.  You know how when you get to the end of your playlist, YouTube will pick out random songs related to the one you just listened to?  This morning, it gave me this one.



I think it may be my new favorite song. 



No comments: