Thursday, March 29, 2018

Still Rough

I woke up this morning hoping today would be a better day than yesterday.  It was, but barely.  Yesterday was chaos.  Complete and utter chaos.  It was one of those days when absolutely nothing went right.   Orders were short, parts were wrong, group leader was in a tizzy.  Chaos, I tell you.  Chaos. 

After my group leader had called my name for the 783,780,965th time, I told her, "You have exceeded your annual allotment for calling my name."  She said, "Annual allotment?  What's that?"  Sigh...After she'd called my name 492 more times, I told her she was already in arrears for next year.  And I had to explain what it meant to be in arrears...this is why I don't joke with my coworkers.  The jokes kind of fall flat when you have to explain them. 

Moving right along...

All my life, I've thought I was as white as white can be.  Scandanavian and North European ancestry was all I could lay claim to.  Finding out I have Cherokee in my lineage came as much of a surprise to me as to anyone.  It's been interesting exploring that side of my family.  Last night, I got quite a shock when this popped up in my app.


Wait, what?  Sequoyah?  THE Sequoyah?  Apparently so.  If the site is correct, he is my great great great great great uncle.  Or something like that.  That's almost as impressive as having Ragnar Lodbrok in my line. 

On the other hand, I found this: 



Can you spot what's wrong with it?  I'll give you a moment...

While you're thinking, I'm a bit confused.  If John Benge is my 6th great grandfather, and he is Sequoyah's father, how is Sequoyah my 6th great uncle?  Wouldn't that make him my 5th great uncle?  This stuff can be so confusing. 

Have you figured out what's wrong with Paw Paw's profile yet?  Go ahead and answer.  For those of you who are stumped, I'll reveal the answer in the next blog post. 

Well, the entire plant has to work tomorrow.  It's no skin off my nose, because I'd signed up for overtime anyway, but some people are pretty upset about it.  I supposed I would be too, if I'd already made plans to spend that day with family -- doing whatever. 

If I were the kind to make plans, or had family nearby, or had anything resembling a life of any kind...




No comments: