Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A Day Late

Well, I got my clock returned this afternoon. 

I know, I was going to do it yesterday, but work was rough.  It was one of those days that absolutely nothing went right.  The other brazer wasn't there, none of the parts were right, and they couldn't get me any help.  They sent a guy from another line to help me, but the other person who brazed on his line didn't want to work by herself, so she went home.  The guy had to go back to his line, but when he saw the other brazer had gone home, he didn't want to work by himself, so he went home, too.  Then they sent someone from a different other line, and she brazed half an order, then went back to her own line. 

I didn't have any headers on the line by shift end, so I stayed over a bit to get some built up for B shift. Group Leader asked one of the line brazers to stay and help me.  She said she would, then went crying to Supervisor, saying, "Why do I have to stay?", and she went home.  I ended up staying until 5:00 PM -- a 13 hour shift.  After all that, I was so worn out, I said, "The clock can wait," and so it did. 

I took it back this afternoon, and once I'd gotten my refund, I went to the clock section of the store to see what they had on hand.  Nothing jumped out at me, so I came on home. 

Yes, my friends, I walked into and subsequently out of Wal-Mart and didn't buy a thing.  That has got to be some kind of record.

Back online, I found a clock with the exact same picture on it, only this one is what I was thinking it was getting the first time.  I hope. 



I haven't ordered it yet.  I'm still looking for other stuff to make up enough to get free shipping.  I'm thinking about also hitting up secondhand and thrift stores, or maybe try to catch a flea market or something. 

If I can see something in person, I might have a better idea of the kind of things I want to put in there.   One weekend, I just might have to not volunteer for overtime and do some shopping.  It won't be this weekend.  I've already signed up to work.



No comments: