Monday, March 05, 2018

Short Post

I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those 10 minutes per day posts.  You know, write 10 minutes per day, even if it's gibberish.

I actually had something to write about -- something that happened back in my Navy days, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to doubt my memory.  Did this incident really happen the way I was remembering?  I kinda hope not, because my memory is of a very, very awkward moment.  And because of the awkwardness of it, I wanted to share that with you.  Why I seem to want to share the awkwardestnessess of my life with the world (or the approximately 10 of you who read my blog) is beyond me.  I just do.  Maybe I can make you laugh, or at least smile, and I can brighten your day just a bit. 

Oh, did you see what I did up there?  I just totally made up a word.  Good luck pronouncing it, though.  I can't.

They started the entire plant on 11 hour shifts this morning.  Those who weren't already working 12 hour shifts, that is.  Man, I'm wiped out.  I can handle 6 days a week.  It's these 4 AM mornings that are killing me.  My group leader told me to start coming in at 3 AM.  I told her no.  I'm not coming in at 3 and working a 13 hour shift every day.  That's just too much.   She said, "Well, it's your overtime."  I get plenty of overtime on Friday and Saturday, thankyouverymuch.

In honor of the 13 Days Of Glory,  I've been wearing my Texas pendant since the anniversary of when the siege began.  Just today, I looked down at it and thought, "Something is wrong here."  Yep, I'd been wearing it backwards.  In my defense, when I looked down at it, from my perspective, it looked right.  But to other people looking at me, it was backwards.  I quickly turned the state around, and had to take a selfie to make sure El Paso was in the West and Orange was in the East.


Now it looks right to people looking at me, but to me, it looks backwards.   That's a perfect metaphor for my life.

Look at this.  Now they're bribing the temps to come to work.


Funny, I always thought a paycheck was incentive enough. 

OH!  My 10 minutes are up.  I'm going to bed now. 

Goodnight.

No comments: