Friday, December 02, 2016

Success!

The first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was, "How am I going to go get my mattress and box spring?"  I'd thought about renting a truck, like a U-haul or something, then I told myself I was being silly. 

"Just ask a friend,"  I told myself.

I was going to ask my friend Lirio, but I just happened to catch my across the street neighbor at his mailbox.  He said he wasn't busy, and would be glad to drive me down there to pick up my stuff.  We drove all the way in to town, to the store, and nobody was there. 

I was confused.  It was well after 9:00, when they told me they would be open.  We waited a few minutes to see if someone would come, then drove back home.  Since I was up and dressed, I went ahead and did my pay day errands and grocery shopping.  When I got home, I called the store to see if there was someone there.  There was, so I went and got Mr. Clark, and after apologizing for being a bother, and him telling me it wasn't a bother, back into town we went. 

There were three ladies in the store, and they were very apologetic about how long it had taken.  I had been all prepared to be the angry customer, but something one of them said stopped me in my tracks.  She said, "He (meaning the store owner) left a lot of things undone when he left."  That implied to me that he just took off and left them to tie up all his loose ends.  Immediately, my anger died, and I felt empathy for the women.  He'd left them in a mess, and they were just trying to do the best they could. 

They apologized again.  I thanked them again.  We got the stuff loaded into Mr. Clark's truck and home we came.  The mattress and box spring are now safely in Cody's room. 


Now, I don't remember what brand/style of mattress that I'd originally ordered, but what I made it home with is a Beautyrest Cherrydale.  Once it got it and the box spring on the bed frame, I lay down on it for a few minutes and didn't want to get back up.  It is very comfortable.


 But I did get up, and put the sheets I'd bought on it.  Cody won't want to sleep under this comforter, but he'll get over it. 


It's only temporary anyway, until I figure out what theme I want to decorate this room in.  I'm thinking hunting lodge type of theme -- cabin in the woods, deer, rustic look, and all that.

Now, I need to start cleaning the room out.  The two bookshelves along the wall will be moved out, and will eventually make their way into the snake/craft/computer room.  The headboard obviously doesn't go with this bed.


It goes with Cody's queen sized bed, and as soon as he takes it with him, I'll find a full size head board to replace it with. 

That'll come a bit down the road, though.  Next project, strip all that paint off of the bricks behind my wood burner, then get them painted the color I want and get the mantle put back up.  But for the rest of this weekend, I'm going to watch Christmas movies and knit. 

And that's about it.

No comments: