Friday, December 16, 2016

All Done

I've got some good news and some bad news.  The bad news is I spent a lot of money today.  And I do mean a lot.  Not as much as the day I bought the recliner, but still, it was a lot.

The good news is, I'm done with my Christmas shopping!  The better news is, the plant finally gave us our annual incentive bonus, so I had money with which to do said Christmas shopping.  I still have one box to mail, but I've got something else I need to put into it.  I'll take care of that thing probably tomorrow, because it's supposed to be rainy and icky all day.

In anticipation of said rain, I got out these last couple of days and moved all the twiggy stuff I use to start fires inside the chicken coops. 



Once the rain passes through, it's going to turn cold, so I lugged a pile of wood up closer to the house, and covered it with a garbage bag.  Maybe it'll stay dry enough that I can get a fire going. 


I also filled the inside wood box, but how many pictures of wood do you need to see?
 
For those of you who don't live in the South, let me tell you what winter is like down here.  Tomorrow, that is Saturday, it's supposed to be in the mid 70s.  Day after tomorrow, that is Sunday, it's supposed to get down into the teens.  The TEENS.  It probably won't get quite that cold, but in anticipation of the potential of such frigid weather, I bought a suet cake for my birds.


This one is the high energy cake.  I thought it would help them stay warm. 


I'm a bit bummed that I broke my 3/32 drill bit off in that post when I was putting up the hanger, but the bright side is I finally figured out how to adjust the tension in my drill.  Yes, the drill that I've had since March.  That drill.  I had never really paid attention before, but today I found the ring with all the numbers and the picture of the drill bit on it.  After thinking to myself, "Huh, I wonder what this ring with all the numbers on it is for?  And look, a picture of a drill bit.  I wonder if that's where you're supposed to put it to drill."   I might have known that if I'd read the instruction manual.  But noooo, I had to figure it out the hard way. 

All right, then, moving right along.

Here is something more interesting.  You know how I'm going to decorate Cody's room in a rustic/hunting lodge theme?  I was wandering around Walmart today and wandered over into the bedding department just to see what they had.  I found a couple of possibilities. 


I'm really leaning towards the one on the left with the canoes and pine trees.  I figure if I can find curtains to match the darker green of the canoes in the comforter, it'll really bring that color out.  Then all I'll have to do is finish cleaning that room out and hang a few do dads on the wall, and it'll be done.   Until I can save up enough money to have it completely remodeled, that is.

So, Cody texted me and asked for hints as to what he can get me for Christmas.  I sent him this picture:


And also this one:


Because that's just who I am. 



No comments: