Monday, December 26, 2016

One More Present

A couple of weeks ago, I was chatting with my sister in law, and in the midst of that conversation, she asked me what I wanted for Christmas.  I gave her a few ideas, one of those being something for my house.  What she did was to send me a check, and told me to pick out what I wanted.  Well, it just so happened that the amount she sent was almost exactly what the comforter set I want for Cody's room costs.


This is the set I was looking at before.  It'll fit the hunting lodge theme I want for that room, and will go really well with that sideways paneling.  OK, technically, it's not the paneling that is sideways.  It's just printed to make it look that way.  I hope when I get that room redone, whoever I contract to do it can find the same thing, or something very similar. 

Back to the set, it's got a comforter, 2 pillow shams, a sheet set with 2 pillowcases, and a decorative mini pillow.  The first time I looked at it, I thought it just had the comforter and shams, so that was a nice surprise.  After getting the set, I wandered over to the curtain section to see if they had something that would match them.  I didn't get anything today, but I found some curtain rods that have little antlers on the ends.  There was another set that had bears.  Cool.  I might get one of each, since he does have two windows in that room. 

I had waited until after lunch to go to the store, thinking that the initial rush of people returning gifts would be over by then, and it pretty much was.  It was still crowded, but it wasn't a total madhouse.   The Christmas clearance was packed, but I braved it anyway.  There was really only one thing I wanted to get, and that was this:


I was thinking maybe I could drape one around my front door, and hang just a plain green wreath with a bow on said door. I bought these two little things, thinking I could hang the star with the bells in the center of the wreath, but I'm not sure how well you could see it from the street.   


I'll just have to see how it looks when I hang it up next year.   The other garland, I might hang over the door between my kitchen and living room -- on the living room side, and put red bows up at each corner.  I think that'll look really nice.  

I'd said I wasn't going to buy any more wrapping paper.  I don't need any more wrapping paper, because I'd really loaded up a few years ago.  Despite having enough to last at least 10 years, I still picked up two more rolls, just because I thought they were pretty.


I always try to pick up a box or two of lights on clearance.


Seems like every year, a string that worked perfectly the year before suddenly no longer works, so it's always good to have extras.  I'm working on replacing all my lights with these LEDs.  To me, they have better color than the old kind of mini lights.  They're supposed to have better longevity, too.  We shall see. 

Since I actually managed to get cards sent out this time around, I picked up another box. 


I probably shouldn't have shown them, but if you're anything like me, you will have forgotten what they look like by next Christmas. 

In knitting news, I picked up two more skeins of this Scarfie yarn.  I really like the way this grey and red go together.


I'd wanted to get another skein of the red and black that I'm using on my other scarf.  I'm getting worried that I won't have enough yarn to make a decent length scarf, even though the picture says one skein makes a scarf.  I went back over there to see if they still had some in the same dye lot.  They didn't.  I guess that's just going to be a short scarf. 

I hear short, fat scarves are back in style now.  I still like long, skinny scarves myself, but I've always walked the road less traveled when it comes to fashion. 

 

No comments: