Monday, December 19, 2016

Jesse

This is Jesse.


Jesse loves his bed.  Sometimes he lets me sleep in it, but it's his bed and he loves it.

What Jesse doesn't love is the day I wash all the bedding.  Now, this is different from just changing the sheets.  That's pretty quick -- just strip the old sheets, put the clean sheets on, pull the comforters and blankets up, then throw the dog blanket on top and we're done.

No, this is not like that.  This is the day I strip all the bedding and wash it.  All the bedding -- blankets comforters, afghan, even the mattress pad.  As you can imagine, it takes pretty much all day to do all that washing.  During this time, Jesse is not allowed on the bed, or even in the bedroom.  He doesn't like this.

He likes it when I'm all done, and all the bedding is back on the bed, and he can finally get back on it. He snuggles down on the bed and breathes a sigh of relief.

Sigh.."I wuv you, bed," he seems to be saying.

In other news, I am finally ready for Christmas.  I mailed the last box along with most of the Christmas cards I'm sending out this year.  Since I was in town anyway, I went by the store and picked up some gumdrops to make my gumdrop cookies.  Since it's just going to be me, I'm not going to make all the stuff I normally make, but I do want to make the gumdrop and snickerdoodle cookies.  I'm still hoping that Cody can get a day off and come home at some point.  If not, I'll just pack some up and send them down there to him.

(BTW, you can find those recipes online.  Just google them.)

While I was in the store, I wandered into the Christmas section to see if I could find something to go in those empty shelves.  I came out with this poinsettia garland.  I got out two old red pillar candles, that I've had forever, and wrapped the garland around it.  Simple, but it looks pretty good.


In the spirit of Christmas, I decided to give this yarn one more chance.


If you'll recall, the first skein I bought was full of knots.  I wasn't even 1/3 of the way through and had already found three knots.  I got frustrated and stuffed it into a bag in the craft room.  I picked up one more skein today, hoping that first one was a fluke.  If this one has knots, I'm done with it.

I hate to say it, but Lion Brand yarn is known for it's poor quality, knotty yarn.  This is their penultimate opportunity, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, it looks like my Christmas cactus is going to be blooming just in time for Christmas.


That's such a relief, especially after I thought I'd killed it.






No comments: