Thursday, January 08, 2015

It Is Finished!

This hideous, awful, Godforsaken, nerve wracking scarf is finally finished!!!!!


And God help me, I will never do another one!  Well, OK, maybe.  But in a smooth yarn.  Never in mohair.  Never again. 

BTW, I did weave in the ends after taking the photo, but I haven't blocked it yet.  I may attend to that this weekend.  It's such a relief to be done.  Now, on to the next one...

That's one thing that went right today.  Work was awful.  The computers were down in Tubing, so we sub-brazers couldn't get any parts from them.  Oh, they had parts done.  All morning they had work ready, but they couldn't send it to us, because they couldn't scan it out of the computer as complete.  The computers were down, you know.  So they couldn't scan it.  And they couldn't send it to us if it wasn't scanned.  They just couldn't, so we just had to wait.

Then, along about noon, the line ran out of header assemblies and went down. Suddenly, miraculously, they could bring all this work over that they couldn't send over before because it wasn't scanned, even though it still wasn't scanned.  We could go ahead and do the work, and they'd just scan it out later.  Funny how that works, huh?  We could have been brazing this stuff up during the 5 hours we stood around with nothing to do, but no....

After work, I went and picked up Jimmy.  He's running just fine now, and my wallet is a little lighter.  Well, technically, my credit card is a little heavier, which I'm not happy about, but I couldn't afford to pay that much out of just my bank accounts.  He ended up having to change the spark plugs and plug wires, too, which didn't surprise me.  I don't think they've ever been changed, so that added a little more to my bill.  Beverly  has been letting me use her car, but I'm glad to have my own back.  I get nervous being responsible for someone else's vehicle. 

I am going to miss her heated seats, though.  They came in right handy this morning, I tell ya.  


No comments: