Friday, January 02, 2015

First FO

The first FO of the new year.  That's finished object for you non knitters out there.

Yes, at long last, the 'Merica socks are finally done!


When I was done with those, I was looking around for something else to knit -- preferably a WIP, since I want to turn some of these UFOs into FOs.  Again, for you non knitters out there, a WIP is a work in progress, a UFO is an unfinished object, and I've already translated what an FO is. 

A few weeks ago when I was cleaning out my yarn closet, I found this sock I had cast on several years ago.  Yes, you read that right.  It says years. 


I'd only gotten this far before they got stuffed in a bag in the closet and forgotten about.  I was knitting them on those square needles, and decided I didn't really like them.  The needles, that is.  I'd intended to frog them and start over on regular DPNs, but I got distracted and never got around to it. 

This evening, I started to pick it back up, but then I remembered something.  I'd already knit one pair of socks out of this same brand of yarn, and I'd only worn them twice before they wore out.  I'm talking gigantic holes in the heels.  So, this might not be the best yarn to knit socks with, even though it's supposed to be sock yarn. 

I might just warp the loom with it.  Tomorrow. 

And I'd be remiss if I didn't show you the final FO of 2014 after being blocked.


I think the hat turned out well, and it was pretty quick to knit.  I think I might know what everybody is getting for Christmas next year. 






No comments: