Saturday, January 17, 2015

First Saturday


Today was the first Saturday of the overtime season, and boy am I tuckered.  When one hasn't had to get up at 4:30 AM, it can be quite a jolt.  Not only that, the night shift left us an absolute mess again.  What good is it to schedule work when they aren't going to go by the schedule anyway?  Group Leader Fernando said he'd pass on my message filled with colorful metaphors to them, not that it would do any good. 

What is really bad about working today is that I'm not yet used to working on Saturday.  I keep feeling like it's Friday.  I'm afraid I'm going to forget to go to church in the morning.  Yeah, my mind has been just that scattered lately.

A few weeks ago, I started scattering birdseed in my front yard.  It seemed that every time I put some out, it would rain and pound said seed in to mush.  Last week, I bought a bird feeder and a few days ago, James put up a pole for me to hang it from.  


Those birds have already cleaned out that feeder once.  I refilled it yesterday, and it's about half empty again already.  


 I sure am enjoying watching them.  So is Squeaky.  She has hardly left her perch in front of the window.


I almost hate to put that box back into the closet.  She'll be heartbroken.

Once again, I am pondering the sudden drop in my blog hits.  It's gone from in the high 70s, to low 30s and even into the 20s. 



I'm not complaining, mind you, since I mostly write for myself and my close friends.  I'm left to wonder, though, what made those posts more appealing than the later ones.  As a writer, you always want people to enjoy your work, and that's my conundrum.  What made those posts more popular, and the later ones less popular?  What did I do differently? 

It's a question for the ages. 

No comments: