Thursday, January 15, 2015

First Mayhem

This Thor's Day brought the first truly mahemic day of the new year.  It all started when I took the dogs out for their morning potty break, and discovered that freezing rain was falling.  Oh, goody. 

Then I came inside and started getting ready for work, and poked myself in the eye with my mascara brush.  Sigh...At least the roads were clear, so that was one good thing. 

Buuuut, I got to work, and walked in to a mess.  A mayhemic mess of truly epic proportions.  The work that was completed was not the work we needed, while the work we needed hadn't been finished.  Not only that, two complete orders between the work we needed and the work that was completed had been completely skipped.  At one point,  I had four different orders in various states of completion on my brazing stand.  I had so many parts scattered about, that I had had to put some into my pocket and work from there.  It was not fun.  But we persevered and got through it.

Group Leader Fernando asked me why second shift had done things the way that they did.  All I could do was to give him a blank look.  I may have many talents, but mind reading isn't one of them.  The only excuse I could think of is that they don't have experienced brazers on second shift, and so they are more apt to get confused or make mistakes. 

Eventually, we got things straightened out, and things went much more smoothly, but by that time, I was too tired to appreciate it.   I just wanted to come home.  Wouldn't you know it, we had a brazer meeting after work.  Sigh...again.

Yesterday morning, I woke up to a surprise.  It had snowed during the night.  


Yes, it was touch and go there for a while, but somehow, I managed to survive The Great Blizzard Of 2015.

Finally, a bit of a sad note.  Christmas is truly over, as I have eaten the very last piece of Christmas candy.


Fair cherry, we hardly knew ye.  But ye were delicious. 

P.S.  I'm not counting the 8 bags of Cherry Cordial and Mint Truffle Kisses that I have hidden from myself.  They're still there. 

No comments: