Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year




It's a new year.  Time for new beginnings.  New goals.  New dreams.  A time to reflect on the past year and set goals for the year to come.

My goals for this past year were pretty simple:  To pay down my debt, and to not buy new yarn. 

How did I do?  I think I did pretty well.  I managed to pay down a pretty good chunk of my debt, but I still have a long way to go.  I only bought three skeins of yarn all year, and I wouldn't have bought those if one of my kin hadn't requested a scarf in a specific color.  So, yeah, I'd say I did pretty well meeting my goals last year.

What are my goals for the new year?  Same as the ones for last year.  I will continue to pay down my debt, though it may be more difficult this year, since I will have to buy a new vehicle sometime in the coming year.   I will continue to knit/weave from stash and won't buy new yarn.  I'll allow the same provision as last year, though.  I can buy yarn if I need something specific for a gift, but it must be used for that gift, and not just added to stash. 

Also, I'm going to try to drink fewer cokes and more tea.  Speaking of cokes, I've been a Dr Pepper drinker for as long as I can remember.  These last couple of weeks, however, I've found myself drinking more Cokes than Dr Peppers. 

I've been seriously thinking of cutting my cable off completely.  I've really enjoyed having the Inspiration channel, and watching The Walking Dead live instead of the day after, but as my son so wisely pointed out, everything you want to watch, you can find online somewhere.  Amazon, Hulu Plus, Netflix, and even the network sites offer most shows.  We'll just have to see how the budget goes once I have to start making car payments. 

No comments: