Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Good Night's Sleep

It's amazing how much better a good night's sleep can make one feel. Yesterday was a horrible day.  Today was much better, despite the usual Thor's Day mayhem, and having forgotten to put sugar in my coffee.  Because of the aforementioned mayhem, I didn't have time to go to the break room and look for some.  Maybe I should get some packets and keep them in my lunch bag, just in case.

Speaking of coffee, I bought a different brand and tried it out.  It tastes just as bad as the first brand I'd bought.  Maybe even worse.  After all that, I've come to the conclusion that people don't drink coffee for the taste.  They drink it for the caffeine.  Or because it's the in thing to do.  But definitely not for the taste of it.

I'm thinking about buying a new coffeemaker with my first overtime check.  The old one still works, but I'm wondering if maybe the heating element is wonky.  Maybe it's getting my coffee too hot, which is why it's tasting burnt.  You can get a decent one for $15-20.  I don't need one of them fancy $100+ deals.  I'm a simple girl, myself.

Oh, and I wanted to give you an update on my brother in law.  I've gotten more information on the pilot.  He had some pretty bad injuries -- broken ribs and the like-- but he has been released from the hospital and is home now.  Here is an article with a video:  Update On Plane Crash.  They have also set up a GoFundMe page to help with the medical and funeral expenses.  It is here:  Siegwart Family


Nathan is the one on the right, holding the cup of coffee.  Boy does that man love coffee.  He was here visiting several years ago, when we mentioned the nearby town of Coffeeville.  His eyes lit up, and he said, "COFFEEVILLE????"   I'm glad he's doing OK. 

Some jackwagon made an asinine comment on the news article suggesting that this whole thing is a scam.  Basically he said, "If they can afford to go gallivanting all over the country in a Cessna, they they can afford to pay their own medical expenses." 

Someone already smacked him down pretty good, but feel free to pile on. 

I mean, if you get into things like smacking down jackwagons, that is. 

No comments: