Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Land Of The Living

I am finally feeling like I'm almost back to the land of the living.  Still coughing a little bit, but not to the point of nearly passing out.  I even felt well enough to sing a little bit at work.

I only sing at work.  Everyone there has to wear ear plugs, so I figure they are safe.

Speaking of work, today they announced that we would be off Friday and Saturday, plus Monday is the Holiday, so I get a 4 day weekend.  When I was turning in my vacation request -- so I could get paid for Friday-- I asked Supervisor Ronnie if we were going to be off a lot of Fridays.  He said he didn't think so, because we still have plenty of work.

So, though I don't really know why we are getting a day off,  I'm hopeful that it isn't because the second dip of our double dip recession is about to hit.  Since our business is closely tied with the housing market, and the housing market is usually the first indicator of economic fluctuations we feel it before the rest of the country.  We were struggling for two years before the recession hit.  Or at least before it became really noticeable.

Let's move on to a less depressing topic, shall we?

He he, depressing.  Get it?

What are my plans for the long weekend, you ask?  Well, I plan on doing a little fishing, of course.  I'm going to finish the skirt I made last Saturday.  All I've got to do is run the elastic and hem it, which just so happen to be my two least favorite parts of sewing.


I may cut out my dress, too, and sew it up, even though it's not really a winter dress.  It'll be all ready for spring, though.

And I'll finish my hat.  


Who knows what else I may do. Heck, I may even take a walk on the wild side and *gasp* leave the house

I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments: