Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

It's Tuesday, and that means it's time to chat on the porch.  Despite the cool (relatively) weather we've had for the last few days, it's hot again, so I think we'll chat inside in the air conditioning.

So grab your glass of lemonade and join me around the kitchen table

Everyday Ruralty


1.  My oldest daughter has returned to college for her second year. Could I get you to give her some good wishes here? Please? 

Certainly.  Good luck and I know you will do well.  Cody is also returning for his second year of college.  I have to take him back Sunday after church.   It's kind of hard thinking of them all grown up, isn't it?

2.  Summer is about to move on, what will you miss the most? And the least? 

Nothing.  I won't miss a thing about summer!  I hate summer.  Well, maybe my flowers, but that's it.  What I will miss the least?  Everything.  Yeah, everything: the heat, the allergies, the overtime, the huge electric bills from running the air conditioner, sweating constantly, the sinus headaches.  All of it.  I won't even miss how late it stays light outside.  That just puts extra pressure on me to feel like I need to go out and do stuff. 

3.  Are you currently working on any craft, sewing, DIY home, or any other creative project?

I've got several knitting projects in the works.  I've got a couple of pairs of socks, a hat, a few blankets, some scarves, etc, etc.  I need to do a full WIP (Works In Progress) post here soon, because things are starting to get out of hand.  And as if that weren't enough, I'm getting the urge to sew again, too.

4.  If you could have any treatment at a spa for free, what would it be? 

I've heard massages are nice, but I don't know if I could stand a stranger putting his/her hands all over me like that.  I have no interest in facials, mani/pedis or any of that nonsense.  If I had my druthers, I'd ruther have the money so I could get that new fishing reel, or the purple Ruger .22LR I've been wanting.

5.  What's your favorite kind of pasta? 

Plain shell macs with just some melted butter on them.  It's always been my favorite, even more so than mac and cheese.

Thank you for joining me for another chat.  I will be along to your place directly. 

P.S.  Have I ever mentioned how glad I will be when this fad of everyone talking like three year olds passes?

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Not a summer fan either, for the most part. Yes, those kids grow up too fast. What is your last comment "talking like three year olds"? Not sure I've run into that lately.