Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm Back!

Did you miss me?

 I woke up Friday morning feeling just as bad, if not worse, than I felt Thursday, and running fever besides, I decided to throw in the towel.  I called in sick and spent the day in bed.  It was probably a wise move, because I woke up Saturday feeling much better.

I felt well enough to go out to the balloon thing at the lake.  It was really cool watching the big balloons being inflated. 





This is the one that was giving tethered rides.  It was only going about 20 feet up in the air, though, so I decided it just wasn't worth paying for if that was as high as they were going.


Then they inflated a few more balloons for the balloon glow.



They were really pretty all lit up and stuff.
 



There were only 6 balloons there, but this is only the second year they've done this.  Maybe it'll grow bigger in the future.

Sunday, Beverly and I took Cody back to college.  I got to see his school and meet some of his friends.  I was glad I got to go, because last year we were still working Saturdays.  I was even gladder because Beverly drove, and I knit the whole way there and most of the way back.  I'm almost done with the first soldier hat of the season. 

Speaking of hats, a while back I bought some yarn in Cody's school colors.  The plan was to knit him a hat and matching scarf.  After thinking about it, though, I decided he probably wouldn't wear a scarf anyway, so I'm going to make a bunch of hats that he can give to his friends.  I guess I'd better get busy, huh?


Today I had to go back to work.  I had told Group Leader Fernando Thursday not to expect me there on Friday.  I guess he thought I was joking.  This morning he said, "Don't you even speak to me today." 

So I didn't.  All day. 

Let that be a lesson to you, children. 

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.  

No comments: