Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

It's a cool-- relatively-- rainy Tuesday evening, so I think it best we have our chat around the kitchen table, instead of on the porch today. Grab a glass of lemonade and join me. I also have coffee, hot tea, cider, and hot chocolate for those of you so inclined.


Everyday Ruralty



1.  Do you have any type of air cleaner in your home? 

 I'm assuming by this you mean some sort of air filtration system.  And the answer is no.  Just the standard air conditioning unit. 

2.  What do you do with the spare change you accumulate in your car, purse, pockets, etc? 

I have a large Coke cup that I put it all into.  Back years ago, our church used to do a rice bowl offering.  Every family got a bank shaped like a bowl of rice on World Hunger Day, and we would put our spare change in that.  Then, the Sunday before Thanksgiving, we took them all back to the church and they donated them to help feed the hungry.  They stopped doing that, so now the change just collects and collects.  I don't use cash much any more, so there really isn't that much change anyway.

3.  What's one chore you wish you never had to do again? 

Cleaning my shower.  I have a separate shower and bath tub.  I don't mind cleaning the bathtub, but I really hate cleaning the shower-- especially the tracks for the shower door.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.

4.  Are you outgoing, quiet, shy, reserved, or life of the party? 

 I'm an introvert, so I am a quiet natured person.  I'm not so much shy, though.  I'm not afraid to talk to people.  I just abhor small talk and chit chat.  Those "life of the party" types tend to annoy me to no end.

5.  Have you understood your parents more as you've gotten older? 

No, not really.   My dad and I were always two peas in a pod, and I'm still very much like him.  My mother and I were as different as night and day, and we still are. So, I can't really say that I understand them more as I've gotten older. 


Well, that's it for this week's chat.  Since it's still raining, feel free to hang around a bit and talk about other stuff. 

What would you like to discuss?

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Shower doors are very hard to keep clean. The tracks are a pain. Some life of the party types seem to suck the life right out of the party. I think there is something to be said for moderation. Hope you have a good week!