Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Too Much Walking Dead

I've been watching too much Walking Dead here lately.  It's made me want to dig out the ol' compound bow and sharpen up my archery skillz. 

So, Sunday afternoon, that's exactly what I did. 






Not too shabby for not having shot in mfmfnfnfmf years. 

Then I shot again Monday, and Tuesday.  I didn't shoot today, though, because the wind is really strong out there.

Anyway, I was at work yesterday and I noticed some tender spots on my stomach.  I couldn't figure out where they'd come from until.... I got home and shot my bow.  Apparently, when I was nocking my arrows, I was sticking my stabilizer right into my stomach.

Yeah, we had to adjust my technique a little.  


Since it was too windy to shoot today, I stayed inside and finally cast on my friend Kyle's blanket.


Yes, this is as far as I've gotten.  I've decided to do entrelac.  No, I don't have a pattern.  I'm just winging it.

A couple of days ago, someone posted a recipe on Facebook for infused water.  Basically, it's just a grapefruit, a tangerine, a cucumber all sliced up and put into a pitcher of water, along with a couple of mint leaves.  It was touted as a miracle weight loss thing that flushes the fat out of you.

I don't believe in all that faddish stuff, but I thought it'd make a refreshing summer drink, so I made some. 

It's definitely an acquired taste.  The first time I tried it, I was like "blech", but the more I drank, the more I wanted.  It must have some health benefits as well, because I'm starting to feel better.  I'm not so tired and draggy. 

Of course, getting out in the sun every day instead of sitting in front of the TV may have something to do with that, too. 

Anyway, I've found another one that I want to try this week.   It calls for watermelon, lemon and mint. 

I'll let you know how it turns out. 

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

With "The Hunger Games" and "Advengers" archery has made a big comeback. Jesse took archery last year in college. We set up a large hay bale and have target practice along with our guns, of course.