Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Difficult Week

Normally, I'm not one for crying or getting all emotional, but this has been a difficult week.

Between the Gosnell murder trials,
the Boston Marathon Bombing,
the poisoned letters,
the battle to preserve our Constitutional rights,
the terrorist manhunt,
and the explosion in Texas...

I think I now know what the old hymnwriter was talking about when he spoke of the whelming flood. 

There has been more than one moment these last few days that I've wanted to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb.  Yet through it all, one thought has sustained me:

When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay. 

He then is all my hope and stay.

On Christ the solid rock I stand. 

No matter how bad things get, I know everything will turn out in the end.  You see, I've read the last chapter of The Book.

We win. 

When all is said and done, we win.

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

No comments: