Friday, April 12, 2013

A Letter To My Senator

Yesterday, my senator Roger Wicker voted to allow debate on gun control.  Today, I sent him this letter expressing how I feel about his decision

Dear Roger Wicker,

Words cannot begin to express how disappointed I am that in allowing gun control to be debated, you have chosen to betray the people of Mississippi and indeed all Americans everywhere. You claim you intend to vote NO on this bill, but this bill should have never even made it out of committee. Our Constitutional rights should not be up for debate. At all. EVER.

There is a line in one of our founding documents that reads "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their DUTY to throw off such government and provide new guards for their future security."

Sir, the American people are fed up with the encroaching tyranny coming from Washington. We are watching, and we have seen that the train of abuses and usurpations is getting mighty long indeed.

We will remember at the ballot box who has betrayed us and who hasn't. And if necessary, we will stand and fight for our freedoms.

I will be watching you very, very closely. Don't betray me further.

No comments: