Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Fun Day

Despite my earlier concerns about the weather, this morning dawned bright and clear, albeit windy.  I checked the forecast, and the storms weren't supposed to get here until late this evening, so Christi and I headed out for a fun filled day of shooting and shopping.

First stop was Mitch's Gun Shop in Hamilton-- just north of Columbus.  I love that place.  Such a nice man.  He told us stories of coming to Grenada when he was a kid to fish in the lake.  He admired my French braid in my hair.  Asked why I didn't put it into two.


Said, "Oh don't cut it all off" when I mentioned that sometimes I was tempted...


I liked him.

Christi told him I'd driven all the way from Grenada to come shoot with her, and he said, "Since you drove all that way, I'm going to let you shoot for free."  And he didn't charge me a range fee!  Granted, it wasn't very expensive to begin with, but it was so nice of him to do that. 

Christi and I went to the pistol range and we had the whole place to ourselves. 

Me and Buddy


Christi reloading


Christi and Cricket killing her target.


This is my target.  I killed him a lot.


Christi and I traded guns for a few shots.  She's got a Walther .22LR.  It was sure fun to shoot.  I want a little .22 for plinking.  She shot Buddy and said it's got some oomph to it.

After I shot up all my ammo (I only took two boxes-- I hope now that the gun control measures in the Senate have gone down in flames, people will stop hoarding and ammo will once again become available), we went to Tupelo.

We ate first, because by then I was hungry.  Then we went to JoAnn's.  I hadn't planned on buying any yarn, since I'm trying to save money.  But you know how that goes...

Christi enabled me. 


Christi enabled me a lot.



This yarn isn't superwash, so I'm thinking of trying to make some felted hats out of it.  I said, "I hate to donate hats to a charity only to have someone toss them into the washer and ruin them.  But I can make felted hats.  That way, they'll be pre-ruined." 

Then we walked around the mall for a bit, but the only store we actually went in to was the book store.

I came on home after that, because I wanted to beat the storms here, which I did.  

We had so much fun!  We are going to do it again sometime, and this time, we will be sure to include Amy. 

Who promptly chastised us for not inviting her this time. 

We won't make that mistake again. 

But alas, all good things must come to an end, so it's back to work tomorrow. I sure needed this break, though.  As I told Christi, "Sometimes you just need to take a day and shoot stuff." 

Sometime,  yeah, you need to do just that.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You look good with your gun.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou.