Monday, April 29, 2013

It's Monday, Again

I went by Wal-mart after work because I need a new garden hose.  My old hose just broke right in two.  It had gotten stiff and brittle, and when I stretched it out to water the seedlings I was planting, it just snapped clean in two. But it was pushing 20 years old, so I definitely got my money's worth out of it..

Anyway, I needed a new hose, so I went to Wal-mart to get one.  While I was there, I went outside to the nursery area to see if they had any purple coneflowers, but they didn't.

So I got something else.


The one on the right is a new chupacabra.  I'm going to put it into one of my pots.  I just don't think I'm going to fool with the petunias this year.  I may get one later on.  I don't know.  Petunias just aren't thrilling me this year.  I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to buy a plant I'm not totally thrilled with, because then I'd end up neglecting it, and I don't want that.

The one on the left will go somewhere in my flower bed.  It's an Agamemnon.  You spell that A-r-g-y-r-a-n-t-h-e-m-u-m.  It's something I had never heard of, but I'm guessing it's in the chrysanthemum family.  Alls I know is that I like the way it looks.

You spell chupacabra C-a-l-i-b-r-a-c-h-o-a, by the way...

I didn't get them planted, though.  The Bones season finale was tonight, and it was a Palant episode.  He's the best, creepiest serial killer they've had since The Gravedigger.  Nothing worth watching comes on on Tuesdays, though, so I can get my plants into the ground tomorrow.

In Knitting Knews, I'm making progress on the sock.


Since nobody correctly guessed what the pattern was, I'll tell you.  It's a Jaywalker, by Grumperina.  I got the pattern off of the old Magknits website, before they shut it down.  I've heard you can get it somewhere else now.  The yarn is Paton's Kroy Brown Marle.  Jaywalker is a great pattern for striping yarn.

I tried to get out and shoot my bow a little bit today, but Jake wouldn't get out of the way.  I swear, he's like the pesky neighbor kid who never goes home.  In fact, I'll lay odds he's out on my back porch even as I type...BRB...

Yep, he's there alright.

Still, it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't sit right in front of the target.  He thinks he's going to fetch the arrows.

Yeah, I'm tempted to see how well that works out for him.

Not really.  I wouldn't shoot Jake.

Maybe...

No comments: