Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Punies

Woke up this morning with a case of the punies.  Nausea, heavy chest, weak feeling, sore throat...

I hope I'm not coming down with that whatever it is that is going around.  My group leader Fernando has missed 4 days of work because of it, and he's the kind who never misses work.  Ever.

OK, maybe not ever, but he doesn't miss much.

I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and stayed home from church.

I rented The Hobbit from Amazon Instant Video.  I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the LOTR series.  It seemed much more cartoonish to me.

The CG was much more obvious-- at least to me, and I think that added to the cartoonish feel to it.  Also, the fight scenes had more of the feel of Japanese anime than sweeping epic. 

Overall, though, it was a pretty good -- though not spectacular-- watch.

After that, I had to watch the trilogy.  Well, I watched the first two movies.  I didn't get to Return of The King.

And I knit on my sock:



I only have 2 1/2 pattern repeats to go until I can start my toe decreases. 

Now, since I still feel terrible, I think I'll go lay down and maybe take some Nyquil. 

No comments: