Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

Everyday Ruralty

If you'll recall, last week, the last question of the chat was to come up with three questions.  This week, Patrice has started choosing some of them to ask us.  Here are the first five fan favorites:  (well, really questions, but that didn't alliterate.)

  1. Beth asks:What's your favorite movie of all times? The one you've seen multiple times.

  2. I have to pick just one? There are several I've seen multiple times, so it would be mighty hard to just choose one. I guess if I had to pick just one, it would be the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, which I consider to be one long movie. Then there is The Blind Side. I love that movie. And Pride and Prejudice. Don't even get me started on Christmas movies!

  3. Clairity says: Name three things that are permanent residents in your handbag or purse.

  4. My wallet, a pen or two, and if I'm going somewhere, my phone.

  5. Red asks: What's the best way to your heart?

  6. I've been told I have no heart, so I'm not sure how to get there. I guess, though, if I were to have a heart and you wanted to get there, the way to do it would be to accept me the way I am, weird quirks and all. Provide for my needs, and don't just ask me for stuff all the time. I'm not your mama, so don't treat me like it.

  7. Mamaw wants to know: Do you like going to yard sales?

  8. Not any more. I used to like them when I lived in Texas, but here, everybody shows up at 5AM, and I'm just not going to get up that early to buy someone else's crap, no matter how much I may need it

  9. Cathy says: If you could slide down a rainbow, what do you think you'd find on the other side?

  10. Technically, you can't slide down a rainbow, because a complete rainbow forms a circle. Why, yes, I did get all scientific on you there. And I'll bet you didn't know that, either.

That's it for this week.  Thanks for stopping by to chat.  I'll see you next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel. 

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Yeah, I agree with ya on the 1st question...How can we choose just one! I couldn't help myself, I had to list lots. Nice to meet you & have a blessed week :O)

Elizabeth Edwards said...

next time i will not ask such a silly question - but i love your answer - Lord of the Rings such a great trilogy. oh, come on tell me your favorite Christmas movies, please? ( :

Clairity said...

I used to carry pens in my purse too but I kept losing them LOL.

Becky G said...

Since I have this strange addiction to buying pens and notebooks, those are two things I always have plenty of!

Favorite Christmas movies:

A Christmas Carol (The Patrick Stewart Version)
A Muppet Christmas Carol
The Homecoming
The House Without A Christmas Tree
The Christmas Miracle Of Jonathan Toomey
Miracle on 34Th Street

And, of course

It's A Wonderful Life.

I've only included full length movies in this list, so it doesn't include TV shows like The Grinch, Frosty, Charlie Brown, et. al.

Now I want to go watch Christmas shows!

Patrice said...

So, sliding down a rainbow would be an unending process.Hmm? Did anyone notify the leprechauns? I loved Lord of the Rings and Pride and Prejudice. Which P&P? I really liked the one with Keira Knightly. The scenery and photography were magnificent.

Becky G said...

Yes, the one with Keira Knightly is my favorite. In fact, I think I may watch it again.

Boo and Kari said...

Rainbows are a complete circle? Nope, I didn't know that. That puts a whole different spin on things doesn't it?

We're listening to An Irish Country Christmas (audio book) while packing. Christmas books, movies and music are good anytime of the year. BTW, my husband listened to The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring this year for the first time. Who knew such an avid reader had never read anything by Tolkein? Isn't that a crime?

Looking forward to next week. This is such an interesting group.