Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch


Everyday Ruralty


  1. Melanie asks "What kinds of seafood have you tried and liked? What is the most unique seafood you've eaten?

    I've tried lots of types of seafood, including fish, crabs, shrimp, clams, squid, crawfish, and lobster. Not sure if crawfish counts as a SEA food, but I'm counting it. The most unusual must have been the calamari fritta I had in Italy. That's fried squid for those of you who don't speak Italian.
  2. Anne says, "An unforgettable holiday moment is_____________________. (She's on the other side of that BIG pond. I believe a holiday is a vacation on this side. )

    I think my unforgettable vacation moment was when we took the Great Western Tour (as my dad called it). I was only 4, but I remember it so vividly. It was on this trip that I first rode a horse (with my dad) and he showed me how to hold the reins. It was also the first time I ever saw snow in real life.

  3. Arlene wants to know, "When was the last time you tried something new?"

    I am not fond of trying new things. I eat the same foods day after day. My routine varies very little. So, other than the occasional new recipe, I don't try new things that often. That being said, I guess it would have to be the homemade tomato soup I made a couple of months ago.
  4. Becky asks, "Who or what inspires you?"

    Lots of things inspire me, but for now, I'll focus on the first inspiration in my life, my grandma. Despite being partially paralyzed from a massive stroke -- back in the 60s when there wasn't the medical technology available that we have today-- she kept on knitting, kept on crocheting, and until the day she died, I don't ever remember hearing her complain. Boy, I would have been.  Complaining, that is.

  5. Madonna wants to know," How did you chose the names of your children. Wendell adds,"If you don't have kids, how do you choose pet names?"

    Well, the ex and I disagreed on what to name our child. I wanted to name him Luke, and the ex wanted to name him Freemont. Since I hated the name Freemont, and he hated the name Luke, we scrapped them both and pulled Cody out of thin air. Cody later thanked me for not naming him Freemont.

I hope you've enjoyed this week's chat.  Y'all come back again, y'hear?

1 comment:

Suzanne McClendon said...

I don't remember every hearing my grandma complain about anything either. It sounds like you were as blessed with your grandma as I was with mine. I would give the world to have had her live forever. I miss her so very much.

I think that it is great that yours kept up with her knitting and crocheting. Although I never saw my grandma do any fiber crafts, my granny did. She was a quilter. :)

Have a great week!