Monday, February 25, 2013

Too Early

Saturday, I skipped work to go to a gun show in Jackson with James, so I missed the announcement.

Saturday was also my sister's birthday.  When she was little, she couldn't say "allowance", so she called her allowance her announcement.

But that's a different post for a different day...

I got up this morning at 4:15, and went to work at 6 as usual.  When I got there, the parking lot was still empty.  I knew Vanessa would be up by then, so I texted her and asked if they'd taken us off 9 hour shifts.  Yep.  I'd gone to work too early.  I thought about going in and working anyway, but I live within walking distance from the plant, so I came back home for an hour.  I piddled around the house for a while, then went back at the regular time.

Vanessa later apologized for not letting me know, but she thought I wouldn't be back until tomorrow.  But at least she noticed I wasn't there, which is more than I can say for my group leader Fernando.  It wasn't until an hour and a half into the shift when the parts stager asked him if he was going to put someone on my stand that he realized I wasn't there.  We were teasing him about it this morning. 

I told him he made me feel so special. 

Anyway, he told me some very good news.  That weird little inspector is going back to second shift for good next week. That made me so happy I could have hugged Fernando's neck right there in the shop floor.   I told him that Vanessa and I were just about to the point of going all Tasmanian Devil on that guy's skinny little hiney.  But we won't have to deal with him after this week.  But now Fernando knows what is going on, and he'll keep an eye out for his two best brazers, I'm sure.

On the other hand, it took him an hour and a half to realize I wasn't there....

Back to Saturday, and the gun show...I had a lot of fun, and saw a lot of guns.  I was worried for a while because all those guns were jumping up off the tables by themselves, loading themselves, and shooting people at random.  It got pretty intense.   I escaped by the skin of my teeth. They're evil things, those guns, doncha know. 

Look at this!  I found some certified zombie ammunition.


With your basic Zombie information on the back.


Yeah, I feel prepared for the zombie apocalypse now.  I only got one box, because this was the high dollar stuff.  I got some cheaper ammo for every day shooting.  The next one is in July.  Well, there are other gun shows, but that is the big one. 

The good thing about riding with someone else is that I could knit on the way down there and back.  I worked on this hat,


which I had started once before and ripped out.  I had gotten almost finished when, try as I might, I could no longer ignore the fact that I wouldn't have enough yarn.  Friday night, I ripped the hat out and started it over in a smaller size.  That above is how much I got done on the trip Saturday.

I've also been working on my Sampler Afghan. 


I've got a square and a half done.


The whole thing is 25 squares, and if I work diligently, I'll be able to get it done by Christmas.  But, an old high school buddy of mine has asked me to knit him an afghan.  In...in...in...dare I even mention it?  In Pittsburgh Steeler colors. 

*Shudder*

It'll be quite a task, but I think I can stomach it.  Yeah, for my spider killer, I can do it. 

And finally, my sock is coming along nicely.  Slowly, but nicely.


Oh, and remember how I was telling you about Knit Picks getting hacked?  Well, Friday, I got my bank statement, and apparently I had used my debit card at Knit Picks, too.  My checking account had been cleaned out--with a bunch of charges made in SPAIN, of all places.  I did the disputed charge thing, but it's probably going to take at least a month to get my money back.   Now, I just have one more credit card to check my statements on, and that should be all.  It's been such a pain to deal with. 

By the way, I STILL haven't heard a word from Knit Picks. 

Poor customer service.  Very poor customer service.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Toby and I have been looking at guns since we got our CC last year. We bought Jesse a little pistol, but have not gotten one for us. I would love to go to a gun show.

As always, your knitting amazes me.

Becky G said...

I'm working on getting my CCP now. It's pretty easy in MS to get a basic CCP. Just have to fill out an application, return it with a passport type photo, two forms of ID-- one must be a photo ID-- and pay the fee. There is also an enhanced CCP, which has fewer restrictions than the basic CCP, but it requires a class. I'm still deciding which one to get. Most of the places I go, I can carry with just the basic. I'd only need the enhanced if I wanted to carry concealed at church.

I got a Ruger LC .380. I really like it, but am having a hard time finding ammo right now. Everything is in short supply.