Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14th

Some call it Valentine's Day.

Some call it Singles Awareness Day.

I call it February 14th.

Now that we've got that cleared up, let's get down to business, shall we?

I've got some catching up to do since I've been a bit lazy about blogging this week, so the first thing I'm going to tell you is that my brother and sister in law's Christmas gifts finally caught up to me!  I had been a little hurt that they hadn't sent anything.  They usually don't forget me.  Turns out that they didn't forget me this year either.

They mailed them on December 17th, and they just got here today.  Beverly said  the box looked pretty beaten up-- like it had been run over by a truck, but nothing inside seemed damaged.  My gift was this gorgeous bag.



It is big enough I can use it as a good sized knitting project bag. I will finally be able to get my other sock yarn blankie out of the garbage bag that is currently it's home.

Speaking of...well, I'm not sure what I was speaking of, but no matter.  I've finally decided to knit this afghan.


I've had the book for ages, but never got around to casting on.  I think it will end up being someone's Christmas gift. 

In other knitting news, this charity hat is slowly but surely making progress.



So are my new socks:


But this hat, The Hat From The Hot Place, has been frogged completely and totally.



I just couldn't finish it.  I didn't like the yarn.  I didn't like the pattern.  Yes, yes, I know it was my own pattern.  I still didn't like it.  I especially didn't like the way the decreases were working out.

The more I tried to knit on it, the more I hated the blasted thing.  So it got blasted back to the beginning. 

And I'll try something different next time.

Finally, I had to run into the store after work because I was out of milk.  While I was waiting to check out, there were two guys in there looking through a big bin of stuffed animals, trying to decide which ones to buy for their respective girlfriends. 

As I watched them sorting through the bin, I thought to myself, "Boy, I'm glad they aren't buying that for me.  The last thing I want is yet another overpriced stuffed animal cluttering up my house and collecting dust." 

Give me something I can use.  Give me chocolate, give me yarn, give me bullets and a gun to put them in. 

But please, no more useless junk. 

No more stuffed animals.
 
Please.

No comments: