Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Time To Say Goodbye

In everyone's life, with all things, there comes eventually a time to say goodbye.

Felix has been with me for a long, long time.


He's out lived four dogs and three cats.  He's been there to comfort me when I woke up from terrifying nightmares.  He's been there to confide in when I've had a bad day at work.  He's been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on.  He was there when my Daddy died.

He was there when a little boy needed a nap.


He's been on vacations.  He's been on cub scout campouts.  He's been next door when the weather turned dangerous.  He's been everywhere with me.

But now, his colors have faded.  His fur is matted, and his stuffing is falling out.  His head is falling off.  It's time.

It's time to say goodbye.  Goodbye old friend.  Goodbye Felix.

But in saying goodbye to old friends, we make way for new friends.

As soon as I saw him in the store, I knew he was the one.


I knew as soon as I saw him that he would be my new friend.  My new comforter.  My new confidant.

His name...

His name is Carson.

Hello, Carson.  Welcome to the family.

No comments: