Monday, February 04, 2013

Just Some Random Stuff

My friend comes up to me at work today and tells me he almost got arrested for domestic violence last night. 

Before I could stop myself, I blurted out, "You just got married and you're beating her up already?"

Judging by the look he gave me, I don't think he appreciated my wry and slightly twisted sense of humor. 

He told me the story.  They'd been switching out their washer and dryer, and something fell.  It sliced his hand open pretty good, and dislocated his wife's shoulder.  When he took her to the ER, they called the cops, who then tried to arrest him.  He and his wife managed to talk them down, but I could tell he was pretty upset over the whole thing. 

Speaking of co-workers, some of you may remember this altercation I had recently.  The day after that happened, someone told me-- a couple of someones, actually-- that the day he said that, he was back in the prototype shop asking who I was because I was out there "staring and staring and staring" at him.

I thought that was a little weird, but I figured it would only be for a day or two until he went back to second shift.  Imagine my horror when they moved him to day shift permanently. 

Since then, he's displayed some really odd behavior.  He'll be walking down the aisle, and he'll suddenly turn and look at me.  I can see him out of my peripheral vision.  Or I'll be looking at something and he'll actually walk into my field of vision, then turn and glare at me.  He's done that several times.  He really does think I spend my entire day staring at him. 

I find that creepy, and more than a little disturbing. 

Speaking of disturbing, I'm still working on the hat from Hell. 



I'm in the decreases now, and I hate this hat.  Definitely won't knit another one, but it has given me an idea for another hat I think might work out better.  

The red thread is a lifeline I put in just before I started the decrease rounds, just in case I hated the way it was turning out and wanted to rip it back.  But I won't do that.  Because that would mean I'd have to knit it all over again. 

And I won't do that. 

Have I mentioned that I hate this hat? 

Let's end this on a high note, shall we?  This is my new favorite song:



Yeah. 

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You work with some interesting folk.

I like the song; thanks for sharing.

Becky G said...

That I do, Lou. I'm glad you like the song. I only heard it for the first time about 2 weeks ago.