Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuckered

I'm plumb tuckered.

We had some bad storms blow through in the wee smalls that woke me up.  They were bad enough that Rylea asked to come into the bedroom.  She never does that.

The stormy part continued probably until around 6 or 6:30, but it rained most of the day.  Why does it always seem to rain when I schedule a vacation day?

When you work 6 days a week, sometimes you need a catch up day, and that's what today was supposed to be.  I guess it's a good think I hadn't planned any yard work.  I got most of what I wanted to get done done, except shampooing my carpet because shampooing my carpet is the bane of my existence.

Actually, people who constantly have to tap or bang on things are the bane of my existence.  And people who hum, and people who have a string of spit connecting their top and bottom lip when they talk, and...

OK, I have a lot of banes of my existence.

Rain is not one of them.  I love rain.  I don't love having to get out in it so much, but I love rain.  So do my flowers.  The bed got a good soaking last night, and the flowers are singing with joy.  

My zinnia is coming on,
 

and from the look of things, I'm going to have a lot more zinnias coming on soon.


That's mud on the leaf, not fungus or something icky.  I've got some buds on my four o'clocks, too


I think my marigolds are defective, though.


Marigolds are supposed to keep bugs from eating your other plants, but mine aren't.  You can see in that bottom picture that the plant right next to the marigold looks like something's salad.  I'm going to have to do some research and see what other strategies I can come up with.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We've been having rain and storms too. After last year, we could use some catching up on rain. I won't complain.

Becky G said...

It was dry here, too last year, though not as dry as OK. Even this year, we are still below average, so every drop is welcome.