Friday, June 22, 2012

Coneflowers

I just happened to be in the garden center-- yeah right--

OK, I was pricing mulch when I found one last, lonely coneflower amongst the few scraggly plants they had left there.  It looked so sad, so alone.  I couldn't leave it behind.

I knew just what to do with it.


Now my little coneflower garden is complete.

In all seriousness, I'd wanted six of them to begin with.  I'd had three, then last week, I found two more.  I thought that was all of them, and that I would have to wait until next year to finish my perennial bed.  But today, I found one more.  Either I overlooked it last time I was in there, or somebody brought it back.  Either way, I'm happy.

So is the coneflower.

I guess tomorrow after work, I go on the great mulch hunt.  All Walmart has left is the high dollar stuff.  I'm going to look at a few other places around town and see if they have any, but if not, I'm thinking about going to Greenwood to see what they have.  

On the other hand, it might be cheaper to buy what Walmart has than to pay for gas to go all the way to Greenwood. 

And now, back to the all consuming cross stitch...

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Such a cute little fence too!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou. I thought so too